Covid-19 has resulted in restrictions to the amount of face-to-face engagement that is possible with Rohingya communities at the moment. There is still a strong need to deliver accurate, actionable information to refugees, and the preference of the community is to receive this information through clear and understandable audio formats. During the Covid-19 restrictions, BBC Media Action is therefore producing a new regular audio product, Soiyi Hota ('correct information') focused on information about Covid-19 and other critical issues. This product is short (less than 5 minutes per episode) and designed for loudspeaker dissemination or one-to-one engagement.
- [5 Jul] Programme 14 - Supporting people with disabilities during Covid-19 (also available without music)
- [30 Jun] Programme 13 - Landslide risks and precautions (also available without music)
- [25 Jun] Programme 12 - Supporting older people during Covid-19 (also available without music)
- [21 Jun] Programme 11 - Guidance on wearing and caring for masks (also available without music)
- [16 Jun] Programme 10 - healthcare facilities for pregnant mothers during Covid-19 (also available without music)
- [12 Jun] Programme 9 - what's it like inside an isolation centre (also available without music)
- [UPDATED 23 JUN following changes to testing procedures] Programme 8 - explaining the Covid-19 testing process (also available without music)
- [3 Jun] Programme 7 - explaining Covid-19 quarantine, including the experience of someone who stayed in a quarantine centre for 14 days
- [16 May] Programme 6 - addressing worries about food distribution during Covid-19
- [14 May] Programme 5 - dealing with frustrations and preventing domestic violence during Covid-19
- [10 May] Programme 4 - mental health and overcoming fear and anxiety during Covid-19
- [30 Apr] Programme 3 - a reminder of the cyclone preparedness actions and what the different flags mean
- [27 Apr] Programme 2 - addressing worries about accessing Covid-19 treatment
- [27 Apr] Programme 1 - myths around food and 'cures' for Covid-19
Soiyi Hota is produced by BBC Media Action in partnership with Tdh and is supported by UNHCR.